Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Almost 2 months now.

Sorry that it has been a while since I have last posted, life can get kind of crazy some times. My cousin Sam just came to visit me and reminded me that I should continue this blog, so here I am, I will try to be more reliable in the future, but I cannot promise anything.

So I think a recap is in order, lets see....

Those two jobs that I had, well one of them didn't work out, I guess I just wasn't that into olive oil cause we had a mutual parting of ways if you know what I mean. But I have this other job that actually turned out to be pretty decent, although some drama at work has been making me rethink that position. Basically I
work in a Chicago style eatery, how ironic is that? I come from the south suburbs of Chicago to serve our food to the find people of Colorado. Luckily I am actually a pretty decent cook, waiter, and bartender, so I am rocking the job. I thought I would have been handicapped by my being a vegetarian but that is not the case.

The people love me, I have people come in all day telling me that they loved my food, ordering more, its a really nice place to be in a small town and to do a good job, it also helps that half of these people are drunk, stoned, or both. Sometimes things are bad but I take everything with a grain of salt, my good friend Chris told me that his Mom, Nancy always told him that, "you should lets the bad roll off of you like water on a ducks back" and that's what I do. But sometimes people are toasting my name and telling me that I am awesome at my job. Also my boss said he is going to buy me my ski pass and teach me how to ski cause he is an instructor.

Talking about extreme sports, I have started trying to long board so that I can be better at snow boarding once the season starts, unfortunately concrete is much harder than snow, cause I have fallen more than once, and in general when you fall from a long board you are gonna feel it tomorrow. I have been working for the last week with a messed up thumb and unfortunately cannot play guitar right now, but its healing, I could have gotten more hurt I am sure.

I started going to this open mic night that's just down the street from me, there are a bunch of locals that go up there an play, and its really all different levels and types of music which a good atmosphere. I try to go there every week, but as I said I messed up my thumb so I didn't go last week. I met a bunch of people up there, some want to play music with me, some wants to learn how to role play, and I found another place to hang out, an old used book store where people meet up for chess every Tuesday night. Hopefully this next Monday I can play cause I am supposed to play lead guitar for "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" for one of the guys that I met there, this should be fun!

Also my new girlfriend Ramona comes with me to these chess nights, she is pretty cool and interesting and we seem to want to do the same things most of the time. Last week we went camping on top of a 13k mountain (13,000 feet), I have pictures, its was a really amazing place.





Its a Pretty great place to camp and live and in general be. So far I am pretty happy here, there are of course some snags along way, I have to find a new place to live cause in 2 weeks my sublet lease is up, also I want to try to see some good concerts are Red Rocks before it gets to cold up here.

For now I must go to work, the slow season has just started so its going to be exceptionally boring, but we shall see how it goes. I'll try to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment